Our veterinarians at FPAH are able to offer numerous surgical options to your pets using state of the art surgical equipment. Whether an emergency or a scheduled procedure, we will explain the procedure, possible complications, and provide complete discharge instructions to ensure your animal has a successful home recovery.
Examples of surgical procedures offered at FPAH include:
• Ovariohysterectomy (Spay)
• Castration (Neuter)
• Cystotomy (Removal of bladder stones)
• Surgical mass excisions and biopsies
• Abdominal explores for foreign body removal
• Hernia repairs
• Dewclaw removal
• Cherry eye repair
Anesthesia is a scary time! At FPAH, we strive to make anesthesia as safe a procedure as possible. Prior to the anesthetic procedure, our veterinarians recommend a current physical exam and blood tests to ensure your pet is healthy and capable of dealing with the anesthetic drugs. An individualized anesthetic plan is created for each pet by one of our veterinarians. While under anesthesia, each animal has a dedicated anesthetist who is in charge of monitoring your pet and making adjustments as needed.
Examples of other steps that done to keep your animal safe include:
• Placement of an IV catheter and administration of intravenous fluids
• ECG and blood pressure monitoring
• Pulse oximetry (a measure of blood oxygenation)
• Heart and respiratory rate
From healthy puppies and kittens getting spayed or neutered, to the senior pet have a tumor removed, FPAH tries to make anesthesia and surgery smooth process to allow your pet to get back to doing the activities they love!